1900 - 1920Our founder Giuseppe Cabassi establishes a small company in Cavriago, a small town in the Italian province of Reggio Emilia. The company focuses on demolition, construction, and scrap recovery, and progressively expands its operations in the Emilia area.
1920 - 1940Giovanni, Giuseppe’s son, relocates to Milan, attracted by the city’s rapid urban development. In those years, in addition to expanding the demolition branch – including the demolition of Vecchia Zecca in Piazza San Babila and the the railway circle ramparts – the first excavation activities are started.
1940 - 1950Giovanni Cabassi's interests also extend to the real estate sector: in addition to managing his wife Luisa Farina's land assets, he anticipates the future development of the areas surrounding the city and acquires both agricultural hinterland funds and most of the quarries he uses (later transformed into building lots, following the rapid construction expansion of Milan).
1950 - 1970Luisa Farina and her eldest son Giuseppe assume strategic leadership of the family business. They progressively phase out secondary sector initiatives and acquire other land and properties in exchange.
1970 - 1980The family assets are divided between the brothers Giuseppe and Carlo Cabassi, each embarking on separate career paths. Carlo receives land and buildings in the North-North-West quarter and directs his attention towards the first and second belt municipalities, which offer ample building opportunities. This is where the development process of the real estate group that we now know as SIC begins.
1980 – 1995Carlo Cabassi Group, that would later become SIC, successfully completes several initiatives. These include the construction of the Borsa Merci, the La Viscontina residential project in Buccinasco, and the PL3-PL4 office buildings, designed by Mario Bellini.
1995 - 2000Edoarda Giannini Santa Maria, wife of Carlo Cabassi, assumes leadership of the group following her husband death. Under her guidance, SIC successfully completes the Orsa Maggiore and Minore projects in Assago and develops a substantial office portfolio in the South-West quarter.
2000 - 2010The property at Via Bisceglie 95 is built and fully leased to Dalkia, and Orsa Maggiore is sold.
2010 - 2020Torch and Monolith, office buildings, are built in the Lorenteggio area, in the western quadrant of the city of Milan.
2021 - PRESENTThe company concludes several major projects, including the redevelopment of an industrial and logistics building on Via Mattei in Peschiera Borromeo and the production building/offices Frame Building (2021), now home to the Avalon3 data centre.